Ok, so your Doctor has recommended Pilates so what is it and why have they said this?
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a method of body conditioning that was developed nearly 100 years ago in Germany. It is unique because the technique works on strengthening, lengthening and toning muscles as well as improving posture and increasing your flexibility and balance.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
Pilates can have huge benefits on health and wellness and injury:
- Improves strength, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Develops strong core
- Reduces tension and stress
- Improves posture
- Increases mental focus and body awareness
- Tones and builds long, lean muscles
- Increases vitality and sense of well-being
- Increases circulation and endurance
- Helps prevent injury, rehabilitate injuries and reduce chronic pain
- Great adjunct to your normal sport and exercise regime.
Why do Physio’s at Bureta use Pilates?
Here at Bureta Physio we use clinical Pilates on a daily basis with our patients both in a class and 1-to-1 setting. All our Pilates sessions/ and classes are instructed by qualified Physiotherapists. It is often used in conjunction with other modalities to treat a variety of injuries ranging from knee pain, lower back pain through to neck pain. This is based on current literature that demonstrates the importance of correct movement patterns and advocates the retraining of deep stabilising muscles around the hip, lower back and neck region to biomechanically load the spine and peripheral joints correctly. Check out our class schedule for the best times to suit you, plus we have specific Mens Pilates (MPX for the macho types out there) which is hugely popular.
Who would it benefit?
- All age ranges, although must be able to get on and off the floor without assistance.
- Patients with current or previous lower back, hip or neck pain.
- Patients getting back into exercise.
- Patients who are currently active but wish to address or prevent ‘niggly’’ injuries.
- Patients who wish to improve flexibility caused by poor posture, lack of exercise or degenerative changes.
- Patients who would benefit from relaxation and an improved sense of well-being.
If you feel you would benefit from Pilates classes or you would like to discuss anything further then please do not hesitate to contact the clinic on:
07 5761860 or email@example.com